I have very fond childhood memories of sneaking bites of cookie dough batter – raw eggs never tasted so good! Later, I discovered Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream – which was safer to eat andbjust as delicious. I may be following a ketogenic diet, but I shouldn’t have to give up those sweet moments, right? Turns out, you can still satisfy your cookie dough craving in a keto-friendly way, while also getting a bit of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Leave the sugar at the door, these fat bombs have you covered!
The cream cheese/almond flour combo results in the PERFECT cookie dough consistency. You could fool anyone with these puppies – and they’re only 1 net carb each. They check all the boxes for me because they’re sweet, guilt free and filling.
Chocolate is a powerful source of antioxidants and no-sugar added options are more available than ever
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or fat of choice)
1 1/2 tablespoons sweetener (I used monk fruit erythritol blend but any carb-free sweetener will work)
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour (or flour of choice)
1/8 cup keto-friendly dark chocolate chips (I use Lily’s No-Sugar-Added Dark Chips)
Optional: pinch of salt
1. Melt coconut oil if it is solid (20-30 seconds in the microwave or stove top)
2. In a medium bowl, cream together melted oil, sweetener, cream cheese and vanilla
3. Slowly add the almond flour and combine well with a spoon or using your hands
4. Fold in chocolate chips
*If the dough becomes too runny, refrigerate it for 5 minutes until it firms up slightly prior to shaping into balls
5. Divide dough evenly into 14 bite-sized balls
6. Place in fridge until ready to enjoy! For best results, store in fridge and consume within 1 week.
Net Carbs are carbohydrates that are absorbed by the body. Net Carbs are calculated by subtracting Dietary Fiber from Total Carbohydrates.