Looking for a healthy power snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further because these tropical fat bomb babies do it all! They’re easy to make (in under 10 minutes, no oven required!) and will keep you energized on-the-go. The heathy fats in these “fat bombs” make them a perfect fuel for your ketogenic diet. I like to pack them with a bit of cheese or nuts as a perfect replacement for my pre-keto granola bar days.
Their silky texture is reminiscent of cookie dough and the coconut flake/coconut extract combo is so fruity that it’s hard to believe that they’re only 1 net carb each. They’re so guilt-free, you can help yourself to a few 🙂
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or fat of choice)
2 tablespoons sweetener (I used monk fruit erythritol blend but any carb-free sweetener will work)
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 cup almond flour (or flour of choice)
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut – shredded or flaked – for coating
1. Melt coconut oil if it is solid (10-20 seconds in the microwave or stove top)
2. In a medium bowl, cream together melted oil, sweetener and cream cheese
3. Slowly add the almond flour and combine well with a spoon or using your hands
4. If dough gets too melty or sticky, refrigerate for a few minutes until it firms up slightly
5. Place the shredded coconut on a plate
6. Remove the dough mixture from the fridge and divide it into 12 balls by hand
7. Roll each ball in the shredded coconut and then place them one by one onto a piece of parchment paper
8. Place in fridge until ready to enjoy! For best results, store in fridge and consume within 1 week.
Net Carbs are carbohydrates that are absorbed by the body. Net Carbs are calculated by subtracting Dietary Fiber from Total Carbohydrates.